Tuesday, August 12, 2003

A Little Late... The Friday Five

The Friday Five

Aug 08, 2003

Answer the following five questions in your weblog or journal. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post (or just leave your answers in the comments section).

1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?
Key West Florida, several years ago with my friend Becca. When we left New York, it was 18 degrees. On arrival in the Keys, it was 89! We took a day trip out to the Dry Tortugas, which was incredible. Snorkeling, sunning, and lots of island color. Gave me plenty of ideas for paintings, and was the ultimate "Artist's Date" ala Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way-- total recharge of the creative batteries. One of these days I will get my husband to go down there... maybe once the kidlet is able to swim...
Last trip out of the country was my honeymoon. We got married on St. Patrick's Day, so it was Ireland for us. That was back in the days before my accident and chronic pain and craziness, so I flew, and drove, and lugged a year's worth of luggage on a two week trip. Saw Galway and Meath, where Kev's family is from, and visited with them. Got lost up in the Galway countryside. Took a ferry to the Aran Islands. Stayed in a castle (Dromoland Castle). It was magical, and teh best part was being together.

2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?
Nothing truly bizarre springs to mind, unless it was my own post-Accident claustrophobia induced insanity on an airplane... Biggest surprise was that its easier to eat vegetarian in Ireland than the USA!

3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?
[[Assuming pain and insanity are also no object...]] Sail around the world on an old three master with twenty or so of my nearest and dearest, with plenty of port calls at tropical islands... Jimmy Buffet should be the soundtrack to my life... in my dreams...

4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?
Car absolutely, because you can stop when you want, get out when you need to... the claustrophobia thing runs my life...

5. What's the next place on your list to visit?
The ancestral homelands... For me, Germany, France, England & Ireland. For Kev, Ireland and Poland. And Key West, most definitely, with art supplies!

No comments: