Thursday, October 30, 2003

Why Can't Anything Just Go Smoothly???

So, the Home Depot delivery came TODAY, without any warning. It was supposed to be yesterday, but the truck broke down, so they said they would call to reschedule. Usually they call at 7 am to say your stuff is on the truck and you'll get it between 11 and 3. They didn't call today, so I figured tomorrow, at the earliest.

Of course, there was a boy attached to a boobie when they arrived. So I scramble to get my clothes in order, feeling like a teenager who got caught doing something naughty, and run out to meet them, frustrated infant tucked under one arm like a howling little football.

All the items we ordered are there.

Sigh.

Not until after they pull out do I discover that the damn vanity they delivered is the WRONG color, and does not match my ugly bathroom AT ALL.

So now we either persuade them to make the swap (without dinking us foranother 60 bucks for delivery) , or I am stuck with yet another unmatching fixture in a bathroom that looks like someone hurled... we have a hodgepodge of pink, caramel, white, black and oak. Eeeewwww.

The sickest thing is, this is not an isolated incidence of horrific taste.

Every home on the block has a similar mishmash in the toilette.

What drugs were the local plumbers on in the 40s and 50s???

So, now I have one snarky little kidlet on my hands, and another freaking complication to deal with.

ARGH!

No comments: