Thursday, November 20, 2003

Hope and Faith (of the Heart)

A small excerpt from the lyrics to the theme song from Star Trek: Enterprise (the extended version of the song), Faith of the Heart :

[[[THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED TO REMOVE THE LYRICS AT THE INSISTENCE OF MY DEAR SPOUSE, WHO SAYS POSTING THEM IS AKIN TO COURTING TROUBLE FROM THE FUCKING RIAA ASSHATS, WHO SUE LITTLE KIDS FOR DOWNLOADING MUSIC. APPARENTLY, THEIR NEXT TARGET IS GOING TO BE PEOPLE WHO POST LYRICS. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAN GET IN TROUBLE FOR POSTING THE WORDS TO A SONG, WHICH YOU CREDIT TO SOMEONE ELSE, BUT SUCH IS THE FUCKED UP WORLD WE LIVE IN. AND I HAVE TROUBLE ENOUGH WITHOUT THOSE FUCKERS GETTING INVOLVED IN MY LIFE. THIS GOES WAY BEYOND MY INTERPRETATION OF COPYRIGHT, BUT I DON"T NEED A LAWSUIT. HEY, RIAA ASSHATS-- I BOUGHT THE FUCKING CD AFTER I READ THE LYRICS ON SOMEONE ELSE'S WEB SITE, BECAUSE I LIKED WHAT THE SONG SAYS. ITS FREE FUCKING ADVERTISING, IDIOTS. BUT I BOW TO YOUR IN TERROREM TACTICS.]]]

It's a song I used to sing alot when I was pregnant with Mikro. [[[OH SHIT-- DOES THAT BUY ME A FUCKING LAWSUIT? SINGING A SONG TO MY KID? IS THAT WHAT'S NEXT??? AM I STILL LIVING IN AMERICA??? ]]] He recognizes it. It's what I wish for him -- that he never ever lose faith in himself and his dreams.

It's hard for me to remember to wish it for myself. It fit Me Before The Accident. But it really doesn't fit Me Now, because the accident cost me alot of dreams. I am a pretty negative person alot of the time, and I have to fight that tendency constantly.


But it goes along with a favorite artist quote of mine:

	It is a huge danger to pretend 

that awful things do not happen.
But you need enough hope to keep going.
I am trying to make hope.
Flowers grow out of darkness.

-- Corita Kent




So that is the goal I strive towards. Trying to make hope... in spite of my last entry...

Generally I end up singing this song in tears, and hugging my precious little son, who is my Faith of the Heart.

OK, enough of me and my weird mood. Time to feed the kidlet.

[[[HAVING HAD TO MAKE THESE REVISIONS, THE INSPIRATION, HOPE AND FAITH THE SONG BROUGHT ME NOW FEELS KIND OF HOLLOW. HERE WE GO BACK TO DEPRESSION CENTRAL...]]]

No comments: