Friday, November 14, 2003

Still in Teething Hell, with a Detour into PTSD Nightmareland

Still no call from my friend, and no suitable substitute for Mikey's teething keyring located yet... He screamed for three straight hours, despite singing, jiggling, dancing, swinging, and anything else I could do in my desperation. Then he threw a tantrum so bad I thought he was going to have a seizure or something. He turned purple and flailed and scared the hell out of me. I am in tremendous pain from slinging around a nearly eighteen pound raving crazy boy. He finally fell asleep. Tylenol and orajel didn't console him either. He's just exhausted. So am I.

I was already in PTSD hell because of the insane windstorms hitting here. They are major triggers, so I wasn't doing so well to begin with. The added teething hell stress has me on the edge of a major panic attack, with acid reflux and chest pain to boot. And I can't sleep. I got less than an hour last night.

Winds please go away. Girlfriend, please find (at least look for!) the bleeping teether toy!

No comments: