Thursday, November 13, 2003

Teething Hell

Poor Little Man has two new teeth, bottom center (as of about a week ago), and two coming in on top. And maybe an incisor on top too...

He is horribly uncomfortable, and what makes it worse is, we have lost his favorite teether.

It was a set of soft rubber keys on a plastic ring, velcro'ed onto his carseat. My friend removed it when the little guy spit up. It must have fallen out of her car when we pulled out the carseat. Or maybe its under the seat. I couldn't get ahold of her for more than half a day, and when I did, she was not enthusiastic about looking for it. Its a full twenty four hours later, and she still hasn't called to say she looked and either found it or didn't.

In the meantime, I have a screaming baby.

My husband ran out and bought what teethers he could find, but couldn't locate a duplicate for the lost favorite, or even anything very close. Mikey likes the new things as toys, but has no desire to chew them.

I guess, not having kids, my friend thinks this is no big deal. I would hate to think that she's letting him go without his beloved teething keys because she thinks I spoil him. Which she does. (Because I'll breastfeed him till he self-weans, and he co-sleeps, and I am going to let him set the schedule for potty training. )

But that's my decision to make. Since when do seven month olds need to be toughened up?

It hurts me to see my boy so miserable. (and I mean that in both the emotional and physical senses, since the only things he is willing to teethe on now are my boobs...)

No comments: