Monday, January 12, 2004

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

When I was pregnant with Mikro, the sight, smell, or taste of sugar would have me puking up my guts and peeing my pants. I cannot tell you how many times I stood in a puddle of pee, looking at my half-digested most recent meal. Nearly everything made me barf, but sugar was a special brand of hellish.

So, for ten months, I ate nothing with refined sugar.

I gained a grand total of five pounds while having an 8 pound baby.

Two days post partum I was back in my favorite pair of blue jeans.

A week post partum it occurred to me that I could eat sugar again without hurling.

So, now those favorite jeans are tight, because I seriously overindulged my sugar deprived taste buds.

I was fat to begin with...

Ten years of being in chronic pain will do that to you. Especially if, like me, you eat when you are depressed.

The Hey-I'm-no-longer-nauseaous sugar binging has got to stop. I can't afford to get any bigger. I have enough health issues already.

So, this week, our grocery shopping list got majorly reworked, and the cookies and donuts and poptarts got replaced with:


  • celery & carrot sticks
  • broccoli and cauliflower with lowfat ranch dressing dip
  • tofu laden frozen entrees
  • almonds
  • walnuts
  • roasted soybeans
  • apples
  • yogurt
  • eggbeaters
  • plantains
  • canned sliced pineapple, peaches and pears


I am actually eating decent food, like I did while I was pregnant, and amazingly enough, I am not constantly snacking and feeling like I am starving, like I have been on the sugary stuff.

Maybe this will be easier to stick with than I thought. I feel more awake, and alot better about what I'm doing. I just hope I can keep it up.






No comments: