Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Amazing Boy

He's been entertaining himself for an hour now, and letting me catch up on reading blogs, and posting here. He's just a pleasure today-- keeping himself busy with his toys, and crawling all over the living room. Now he's crawled to the gate and is watching me and smacking his lips, so I guess the experiment in independence is about to end... He was disappearing to the far side of the room, where I couldn't see him, and I would say Baby? Where are you?, and then he'd pop his head out and giggle. It seems like at nine and a half months old, he has taught himself the concept of hide-n-go-seek, or at least peekaboo...

The past couple of nights, we have given him paper and a crayon in the highchair, and he sort of inadvertently marks the paper, but he really gets a kick out of it when I draw smiley faces for him. One unfortunate manner in which he takes after his mama became apparent when he attempted to eat his crayon. I used to love to do that, and I sincerely believed different colors had different flavors. Drove my mom nuts, especially when I ate them without peeling the paper off...

No comments: