Saturday, February 28, 2004

Bald Eagle Watching

Today my friend R stopped by and invited me to go eagle watching with her.

We drove out to the reservoir and hiked to the shoreline, from which we were able to see six immature bald eagles hanging out on the ice, while mama or papa eagle perched in a tree on the far shore, watching over them.

What an incredible privilege it is to be able to see such amazing creatures!

Too bad Kev missed it, but he wanted to stay home with Mikro and attempt to clean the house a bit...

I took some pictures, which I need to drop off at the lab for developing, but they are from so far away, the birds are probably just microdots... Still, its amazing to be able to see this kind of thing only an hour away from New York City!

So far the dog seems aq bit better today.. my fingers are crossed that whatever got her intestines in an uproar is out of her system...

No comments: