Monday, February 23, 2004

The Game to Play is Compromise Solution....

By nature, I am a fight to the bitter end for your principles kinda gal. My instinct is always that what is right is more important than what is easy. And yet, I have just made a major decision on the basis of expediency, rather than justice, and it rankles. But it was probably the best decision I could have made under very extreme circumstances...

I know this is a wierd, cryptic entry, and I ought to be able to clear it up soon, and to feel like I no longer am being stalked across the internet before much longer, but until this is all a t's crossed, i's dotted, done deal, I am afraid I am going to have to leave it at its current murky best.

In other news, I spent four days last week with a 104 degree fever and bronchitis, which is the major reason I've not been blogging. I think this is the sickest I've ever been, worse even than pneumonia. I had the chills so bad I was shaking, and just couldn't get warm. Wound up using microwavable moist heat packs and mass quantities of tea to stop my teeth chattering, at least until I started throwing up. Today is my last day's worth of antibiotics, and while I'm not 100 percent, I'm at least at 80... My sweet husband was amazing. He took care of me, and the boy, while I was sick, and let me just rest. He was off most of last week, taking care of us, and, at the end, trying to cope with having thrown out his back.

At this point, Mikro seems to have a mild cold, and a slight cough. I'm watching him carefully for any sign of a fever.

My parents also gave me a belated Christmas gift-- the laptop I lusted after, so at least I had a toy to play with while laying in bed under as many blankets as I could find.

No comments: