Monday, April 19, 2004

First Birthday Party

Mikro's birthday was fun. My parents came up. MIL was sick and couldn't make it. My brother didn't come, but sent tons of presents for the little guy.

We had helium balloons, which were quite the hit with the Boy, and a big banner and a cake and good company. My Dad and Kev played on the floor with the Boy and his toys. Nutty Gramma was in heaven with lots of big smoochie kisses from her grandson. He walked and babbled and giggled and generally charmed the grandparents.

He was really good until after lunch, when he started teething with a vengence. He screamed through the singing and the birthday cake. He wouldn't mush the cake, or try even a mouthful. Totally uninterested, and focused on his nasty painful teeth. Poor baboo. He was slightly distracted by the party favors-- what do you call the things that you blow into and they uncurl? I used mine to bat around a balloon, which he thought was hysterically funny.

We put him in the stroller to walk gramma & grampa to the train, and he conked out. Later, he played with balloons most of the evening, and had a pretty big meltdown before bed. Way overstimulated baby.

He also bit my arm so hard there is a big purple welt, and I think if I hadn't yanked itaway, he might have broken the skin. Ouch.

He's napping now, so I'm going to try and get the laundry done. Will post photos later.

No comments: