Thursday, May 27, 2004

Hot & Humorless

It's hot here, and humid too. The Boy is crabby. As in: Will.Not.Stop.Screaming. I think we have hit that lovely separation anxiety stage. Once again, I stood in plain sight to open the front door and let the dogs out, and the screaming started. Once he gets on a roll, he just goes with it... Sometimes for an hour nonstop. Sometimes he stops for ten minutes, usually to watch a stupid car commercial, and then screams for another hour, until he's too tired to go on and will finally consent to nurse, and, if I'm lucky, fall asleep. His napping is totally irregular at this point. Some days it's 15 minutes, some days 2 hours. My sanity is fraying, badly. I'll probably pop him in the stroller and attempt to distract him with a walk if he doesn't chill out soon. If it doesn't thunderstorm again...

We bought an air conditioner over the weekend, and Kev installed it. For the first time in 13 years, I will not have to spend the summer holed up in my bedroom, the only cool oasis in the hot house. We got a 12,000 BTU unit, which cools the entire downstairs. Woo hoo. Of course, my computer is in the one spot in the whole house that has zero airflow, so sitting here is like taking a sauna, even though it's pleasantly cool five feet away in any direction...

Big dog is doing well at the moment, despite having eaten a poopy diaper Monday.

Just heard that a neighborhood dog was killed by coyotes, so I am going to have to stop tying little blind dog out in the yard when she gets stubborn about pooping...

Lord, reading this, my life really does seem to center on other creatures' bowel movements. Ah, motherhood.

No comments: