Wednesday, May 05, 2004

How To Turn A Vegetarian's Stomach

Take a product that used to be free of meat and change it, without a big honking notice that you've changed it, so that when I unsuspectingly microwave it, I fill my house with the odor of cooking flesh.

Absofuckinglutely gross.

Thank you Weight Watchers for eliminating a staple from my lunch menu. Santa Fe Rice & Beans was quick, easy, full of protein, and one of the few fucking entrees you make that I could eat. Not anymore. Now it's tainted with chicken fat, chicken meat, and goodness knows what else.

I hoped I was wrong, but as it started to cook, I detected the distinct stench of dead animal.

May I say, your new and improved simply reeks.

Gag.

I became a vegetarian when I was a little kid, because I didn't want to eat anything that could have been my friend. After thirty years not ingesting my fellow creatures, the smell of cooking meat actually turns my stomach. Thank you, Weight Watchers, for nearly making me puke.

No comments: