Monday, June 21, 2004

Diversions

I'm back from my trip. We went to the Berkshires with a friend for a few days. Took Mikro swimming, and he has transformed from the Incredible Water Hating Boy into a little guppie. He loved it.

I tried doing a quick water color sketch for an oil painting I'm thinking about today. Came out pretty badly. Definitely a do-over... I took a few reference photos that may help a bit with the arm position on my figure, but I'm aiming for something looser and more abstract than my usual stuff, so we'll see what happens. I don't want to get tied down to the photos.

I am missing my little Piper, but I know I can't dwell on it, and I know she's at peace. So I am trying to keep myself busy and keep my mind on other things...

Speaking of which, here's a little puzzle that my husband showed me. It drove me nuts. Petals Around the Rose



No comments: