Friday, July 23, 2004

The Incredible Non-Sleeping Boy

Just checking in. It's been a hard week, because Mikro's routine has been disturbed, and his sleep is completely erratic at the moment, which means we are both exhausted and crabby!

He had his 15 month Well Baby Care visit, and he's now 31 inches tall, has a 17 and 7/8 inch head circumference, and weighs 21.5 pounds.  Poor guy got four shots and had a blood test.  He was screaming hysterically until I took him outside and laid him on a blanket in a shady spot on the doctor's lawn and nursed him.  That made him happy again.  Happy enough to head up to Home Depot and spend another $2K on fencing material to keep his danger loving little butt confined in the backyard.    The Boy loves cars and thinks nothing of running for the street to go say hello to one.  Hence our obsession with fencing.

Re Walking In This World:  For some (unknown) reason, I've been more resistant to doing the morning pages (MPs) this week, though I did get them done (but in the afternoon a couple times). They are pretty whiney about sleep deprivation... I have done all the tasks, and I'm going to count going shopping for plants and art supplies as my artists date (AD). I bought two gorgeous orchids that I hope I'll soon have the time and energy to paint. Unfortunately, the only art making I've done is a quick sketch of the boy when he finally fell asleep. I still have to do my walk, which I hope to do once the thunder and lightning is done for the day.

Last week it was easier to keep up my momentum.  My AD was great- I watched Le Mysterie Picasso, which made me want to go play with paint.  And it was terrific to see him rework things and to watch how a paintng evolved.  Very cool!

 

No comments: