Saturday, July 10, 2004

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going

It seems like its been a really long time since I updated. Let's see if I can fill in the blanks.

Mostly, I've been painting and sketching, and dealing with cranky teething boy.

On Saturday July 3rd, we went to Home Depot and made them considerably richer, ordering a four ton load of landscaping materials. We just stayed home on the Fourth, because we didn't think Mikro would do well at the late evening fireworks party we were invited to.

Kevin built a temporary enclosure in the backyard to keep Mikro out of his work zone, and give the boy a safe place to really run around. He had a blast! He also tried his big plastic ride-in car for the first time, and laughed hysterically while Daddy pushed him around. He even figured out how to propel it with his feet, but only in reverse.

On Monday, Kevin spent hours in the high humidity heat blowing up one of those inflatable bouncer things. It is six feet in diameter and about three feet high. I can't believe he stuck with it and got the thing blown up. We put Mikro in it, and he liked it for about thirty seconds, then started howling because he couldn't figure out that only the door area was big enough to exit through, but the windows were not. We rescued him and amused him with the car.

Kevin went to work on Tuesday, then was off Wednesday to take delivery of the landscaping tonnage, and Thursday was supposed to be get started day. Well, they didn't have the gravel in stock, and it wouldn't come till Friday, so nothing could be built before the weekend. Turned out it took Kev all day with a wheelbarrow to relocate the stones to the work area from the driveway.

Next day we ran errands.

Friday he went to work, and then to his Mom's to fix her heating system, which decided to turn itself on in July. He got home late, after the kid was literally screaming inconsolably for an hour, and we proceeded to have A Major Argument.

So, its a tense weekend. He was outside all day moving a ton of gravel and then starting to dig out the hillside where the Great (Retaining) Wall of Croton is going to be built. After we get the retaining wall done, we get to pay a contractor to chain link the backyard for Mikro's safety.

I just signed up to do a Walking in This World group on Wet Canvas, an artists board that I frequent. WiTW is the follow-on to Julia Cameron's original Artists Way program. It looks like an interesting journey. I'm hoping that doing it with a group will get me to stick it out through the entire 12 week program. I generally fizzle out in about week four of the Artists Way when I do it solo (and it is not a coincidence that week 4 is Reading Deprivation Week, something I have yet to successfully endure!) So, I will be busy with that, and my pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding series of paintings (which you can see on my live journal if interested), and Mikro, of course, for rest of the summer.

No comments: