Wednesday, September 01, 2004

September?!?

How can it possibly be September already? This summer just evaporated. I don't know where it went.

Fall is my favorite season, so I'm looking forward to crisp cool afternoons wandering around the reservoir with Mikro in his stroller and watching the leaves changing.

What I'm not looking forward to so very much is my upcoming 39th birthday (although, having nearly been killed once, I am the first to say that getting older certainly beats the alternative!)

For some reason, it's the blankety-nine birthdays that freak me out, not the ones that end in zero. I really spazzed at 29, but thirty didn't faze me at all. Well, 39 is bugging me, because I am not where I wanted to be at this point in my life in many ways, chief among them: healthwise. I am overweight and out of shape. And yes, in great part it is due to the fact that I live in chronic nerve pain, which makes exercise akin to torture, but really, I could try harder to get rid of some of this poundage, or at least, to not allow it to creep any higher...

So, in lieu of new year's resolutions, which I don't generally make (because I have yet to keep any), I'm making an early birthday wish that this will be the year that I get my shit together, weightwise, PTSD-wise, etc.

I would really like to feel like my life is moving forward like the cycle of the seasons, not mired in a swamp of perpetual doom and gloom.

No comments: